EM-Con Cosplay Competition
Come join us on Sunday, for the EM-con cosplay competition.
Show off your costumes and hard work to the judges and have a chance at winning prizes.
All ages and genres are accepted so why not sign up?
Q&A room – Time 12:00pm
Sunday 6th May.
Enter by going to the Geek Asylum’s table on the upper concourse, here you can put your name down to enter, Then….
Just head to the Q&A room at 12pm on the SUNDAY, this will be signed, if you can’t find it ask a crew member in an orange shirt!
The contest will consist of walking on stage, throw out a few poses to judge the character, and you will be asked a few questions by the judges, then leaving the stage.
Judges from “The Geek Asylum”
1st Prize – £100
2nd Prize – £50
3rd Prize – £25
1st Prize – £30
2nd Prize – £20
3rd Prize – £15
EM-Con Cosplay & Cosplay Contest Rules & Guidelines
1. 2017 will have 2 categories, Adult and Children (children category is up to age of 14).
2. No skits during judging or catwalk.
3. No nudity.
4. No profanity.
5. No political or religious statement during the catwalk. Anyone who violates this may be disqualified from the competition and ejected from the convention.
6. Do not use any sort of projectile at all! Nothing must leave your person while you are on the catwalk. Anyone who violates this rule may be disqualified from the competition and may be asked to leave the convention area.
7.No flashpots, explosive devices, or similar special effects are to be used. Anyone who violates this rule may be disqualified from the competition and may be asked to leave the convention area.
8. All entries must abide by the EM-Con banned props rule.
9. All applications must be filled in prior to the competition, you can pre-apply via the application below or apply via the cosplay table at the arena on the day.
10. You need to bring a reference so that the judges can judge the accuracy of your costume, it should be a full colour print out of images from as many angles as possible. Sadly we won’t accept references or images on smartphones or laptops.
11. All judging shall be done away from the stage.
12. Each contestant may only enter one costume into competition.
13. All entries must abide to the size rule.
14. EM-con can not be held responsible for any damage that might come to the costume while at the convention.
15. All entries should be at least 50% self made.
due to be updated 25th April 2018
1. All cosplay is subject to inspection on arrival at the show.
2. Rule of thumb on size is that if you can’t fit through a normal size door then it’s an unacceptable size. Please keep this in mind as refused entry may ruin your day!
3. Any hard or sharp objects/weapons will not be allowed into the event and will be removed upon your arrival until you leave the convention. NO EXCEPTIONS.
4. NO NUDITY – EM-Con is a family convention. Your outfit must cover you at least as well as a modest swimsuit would. (No thongs or other minimalist bottoms. No pasties, tape, or paint in lieu of a full coverage top. Also, obviously nothing transparent for these areas.)
5. No weapons over 1.60m, blaze tips on guns, nothing over 2.5 meters in any direction, unless it can collapse, like a cape.
6. EM-con can not be held responsible for any damage that might come to the costume while at the convention.
Live Steel – This includes swords, knives, shurikens, bayonets, or other metal objects which have an edge.
Hard or sharp weapons – all must be cosplay friendly, if you could hurt somebody with it, it won’t be allowed!
Guns/Bows/Arrows – This is anything that shoots a projectile or could be enabled to shoot a projectile, including air guns, Airsoft weapons, crossbows, or replicas of actual guns, it also includes real bows and real arrows.
Safety is of prime importance to us, and a zero tolerance stance will be taken.