EM-Con Cosplay Competition
Come join us on Sunday, for the EM-con cosplay competition.
Show off your costumes and hard work to the judges and have a chance at winning prizes.
All ages and genres are accepted so why not sign up?
Q&A room – Time 4:30pm
Sunday 29th August.
TO ENTER by going to the Geek Asylum’s table on the upper concourse, here you can put your name down to enter, Then….
Just head to the Q&A room at 4pm on the SUNDAY, this will be signed, if you can’t find it ask a crew member in an orange shirt!
The contest will consist of walking on stage, throw out a few poses to judge the character, and you will be asked a few questions by the judges, then leaving the stage.
Judges from “The Geek Asylum”
1st Prize – £100
2nd Prize – £50
3rd Prize – £25
1st Prize – £30
2nd Prize – £20
3rd Prize – £15
EM-Con Cosplay & Cosplay Contest Rules & Guidelines
1. We have 2 categories, Adult and Children (children category is up to age of 14).
2. No skits during judging or catwalk.
3. No nudity.
4. No profanity.
5. No political or religious statement during the catwalk. Anyone who violates this may be disqualified from the competition and ejected from the convention.
6. Do not use any sort of projectile at all! Nothing must leave your person while you are on the catwalk. Anyone who violates this rule may be disqualified from the competition and may be asked to leave the convention area.
7.No flashpots, explosive devices, or similar special effects are to be used. Anyone who violates this rule may be disqualified from the competition and may be asked to leave the convention area.
8. All entries must abide by the EM-Con banned props rule.
9. All applications must be filled in prior to the competition, you can pre-apply via the application below or apply via the cosplay table at the arena on the day.
10. You need to bring a reference so that the judges can judge the accuracy of your costume, it should be a full colour print out of images from as many angles as possible. Sadly we won’t accept references or images on smartphones or laptops.
11. All judging shall be done away from the stage.
12. Each contestant may only enter one costume into competition.
13. All entries must abide to the size rule.
14. EM-con can not be held responsible for any damage that might come to the costume while at the convention.
15. All entries should be at least 50% self made.
The ensure attendee safety, EM-Con and Motorpoint Arena will be implementing a bag check procedure for entry to the venue. Please make note of this and allow extra time in gaining entry.
The following items are banned from all EM-Con Events and are not allowed on site under any circumstances:
- Replica guns.
- Any solid metal blades, even if they are blunt. This includes but is not limited to swords, knives and axes.
- Explosives, incendiary devices, pyrotechnics and fireworks.
- Actual guns, rifles or other firearms.
- Heavy bats and paddles, including wooden and metal baseball or cricket bats. (This includes you,
Harley and Negan!)
- Strung bows or crossbows that are capable of being drawn and/or fired.
- Any arrows or bolts with sharp tips.
- Protruding nails, barbed wire or other sharp items.
- Anything that is restricted or prohibited by UK law.
There will be NO exceptions. Anyone found to be carrying any of the above items will have their items confiscated and may be removed from the event at the organisers’ discretion and will be
reported to the police where appropriate.
Unrealistic guns made of plastic, such as brightly coloured toy guns or those that are clearly science-fiction based, are permitted providing they are not over 1.5m and aren’t heavy enough to be used as a blunt weapon.You must be able to demonstrate that the weapon is unable to be fired – this means that, where applicable, the magazine must be empty and the batteries removed.
Costume weapons are permitted if the weapon is clearly marked with bright a ORANGE TIP.
EM-Con Events and the Motorpoint Arena reserve the right to refuse entry.